MailChimp has announced on their blog that they’ve updated their platform to v7.9 last week. New and/or upgraded features include the following:
– setting subscriber language (and merge tags)
– my campaigns and favorites option in drag and drop editor
– new content block types to drag and drop editor: Footer and Image Card
– more powerful search filters for the search box
Screenshots of the MailChimp v7.9 update:
Here’s a few screenshots showing the new/updated features:
My campaigns and favorites:
New drag and drop modules:
Expanded search with search filters:
The release also contains the following minor updates:
- A little while ago, we removed “back and next” buttons from our bottom navigation during campaign creation. That frustrated the heck out of a lot of people. So we added them back.
- Updated “sent” activity in subscriber profiles to include campaign type, A/B Split + Autoresponder campaigns, A/B Split group, RSS parent campaign info, multiple auto-sends if we have them, note about 100 more recent events.
- Mobile tab/options will appear for user-uploaded templates (when applicable) and they’ll get a little “mobile” icon/badge.
- API timestamps: added GMT notation to existing times displayed and the ability to hover and see the time in account default.
- PHP date formatting can now be added to *|RSSITEM:DATE|* and merge tags.
- Added an extra $category parameter in FEEDITEMS merge tags.
- Relabeled the “greater than/less than” options when segmenting by custom date field. Will now show “is after” or “is before” instead.
- More visibility into API error codes in user accounts (hover over the error code to get an explanation)
Check out more details on the release on their blog here.