Return Path launches ISP anti-phishing program with AOL,Yahoo and others
Those companies include AOL, Libero, Microsoft, Yahoo!, UOL and Synacor. The new program was announced during the M3AAWG (Messaging/Malware/Mobile Anti-Abuse Working Group) 25th general meeting.
The purpose of the new anti-phising program is to accelerate the adoption of the DMARC email authentication standard.
Included in the program are the following:
- Email Authentication and DMARC deployment assistance, implementation guides and primers
- Assistance with authentication report generation on both inbound/outbound emails
- ISP brand protection against spear phishing – Return Path helps ISPs implement outbound email authentication combined with in-bound DMARC policy enforcement to help prevent spear phishing of their own brand.
- Protection of ISP Customers against the effect of phishing attacks
- Improved Trust in the Email Platform
For more information, read the full press release at the Return Path website.